Professional Development Units (PDUs): 0.75
Your Operators are the life blood of your project. For a project manager caught up in the frenzied bustle of his or her work, this can be an easy fact to overlook. However, the Operator has tremendous influence over project success. The PM who has a deep understanding of the role is in an excellent position to create an effective ally.
In order to protect the Owner's investment, Operators must provide input into the design, construction, startup and operation of a project. Engineers, vendors and contractors all rely on Operator feedback and so the PM needs to take steps to reliably document and record Operator input.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the Operator responsibilities to the project team.
- Understand important Operations safety issues that affect construction.
- Understand how MOC affects the start-up
This e-learning course will be of interest to PM's, Operators, designers, and design engineers.
The session will look at:
- Typical commissioning/ start-up organization chart
- Operator responsibilities to the project
- Back charges
- Safety Issues
- MOC issues